Saint-Martin, a 12th century Romanesque church, is made up of a 16th century side chapel and a nave containing a magnificent fresco from the early 16th century (1520-1530) representing a morality from the Middle Ages:
– the “Said of the three dead and the three alive”, 7 m long by 3.50 m high.
– an original stone altar from the 13th century with its remains of paintings on its sides (Maltese cross and foliage)
– its sandstone and tomette paving.
In different parts of the building, there are traces of polychromy (fleur de lys, biblical scene, cross of consecration, vegetable crown)
One can also see, on the ends of the beams, in the choir, mascarons representing grimacing heads.
This place is regularly restored, its fresco, its Christ on the Cross, its painted walls. These projects are initiated by the Town Hall of Mœurs-Verdey in collaboration with the Association de la Fabrique Saint-Martin de Mœurs.
To 𝗱é𝗰𝗼𝘂𝘃𝗿𝗶𝗿 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀:
– The town of Sézanne, Small City of CharacterⓇ (6 min by car)
– The town of Esternay (10 min by car)
– The town of Anglure (21 min by car)
– The equestrian center EQ’ART (shows and equestrian courses) (7 min by car)
– Le Verger de l’Arly (fruits, juices and ciders) (11 min by car)
– The Château de Réveillon (16 min by car)
– The Cyclo-draisines of Esternay (9 min by car)
– Le Moulin Barbotte (beekeeping) (18 min by car)
– The Moulin de la Chapelle (goat farm) (22 min by car)
– The Champagne Houses, the Champagne Tourist Route (6-20 min by
– The Sézannais Aero-Club of Saint-Remy-sous-Broyes (10 min by car)
– The Escargotière Champenoise (15 min by car)
– The Artisanal Brewery “La Gaultoise” (12 min by car)
– The Marais de Reuves Regional Nature Reserve (16 min by car)
– The Cycling Circuit in the Traconne Forest 38 km (Departing from Sézanne)