Valérie and Gaël are winegrowers on 5 hectares of vines, which they lead in agroecology: living soils, biodiversity, gentle methods, phytotherapy, agroforestry… All these concepts guide the management of their vineyard on a daily basis.
They are certified “ Haute Valeur Environnementale ” and “ Viticulture Durable en Champagne ” which are sustainable agriculture labels. They are also involved in the movement “ Pour une agriculture du vivant “, which supports farming methods that preserve soil life and biodiversity. Finally, they officially started in 2020 their conversion to Organic Agriculture.
Their Champagnes are, for some, the result of a blend of multiple terroirs, and for others the reflection of one terroir in particular.
So Valérie and Gaël will be happy to welcome you to discuss their profession with you. They will make you discover the influences of grape varieties, terroirs, aging… on the aromas and flavors of champagne, through the tasting of their cuvées. They also offer you various wine tourism activities described below.
They welcome you, offer visit and tasting of their champagnes at the estate every day, preferably by appointment (a phone call a few minutes before your arrival is, most of the time, enough for them to organise you a warm welcome!).
Do not miss: Wine tourism activities
♠ “Champagne tasting discovery ”
♥ Discovery of the work in the vineyard and tasting
♣ Treasure hunt for children
♦ Picnic at the estate (artisanal products)
Must see nearby:
- Sézanne, Petite cité de Caractère Ⓡ (15 min by car);
- Épernay (40 min by car);
- Montmirail (25 min by car) ;
- The 1914 Mondement-Montgiroux (4 min by car);
- The regional nature reserve of the Marais de Reuves (6 min by car);
- The Marais of Saint-Gond (20 min by car);
- The Fromentières altarpiece (15 min by car);
- The Abbey of Notre-Dame du Reclus (10 min by car);
- Biological pool of Connantre (15 min by car);
- Orbais l’Abbaye (24 min by car);
- The Esternay cyclo-draisines (25 min by car);
Interactive map here.
THE OPENING HOURS AND VISITING CONDITIONS MAY BE CHANGED DUE TO THE # COVID-19 PANDEMIC.